My name is Tracey Lewis Stoeckel and I am so excited that you are here! Entrepreneurship wasn't something that ran in my family. Quite the contrary, I come from a long line of good hard-working folks who trade a good day's work for a good day's pay from the first day of work until retirement. That never felt quite right to me. Don't get me wrong, I am a very hard worker and I have held various positions in sales, customer service (and patient care) and even middle-management in the corporate world (not to mention a decade of bartending), but working for someone else has nearly always left me feeling unfulfilled, unappreciated, and unhappy.
I have always had a side hustle. I started my first business venture in the 4th grade and started building my first direct selling organization at seventeen years old. I loved selling and the exchange for products for payment. And I was good at it. I built large organizations with various direct selling organizations in my twenties and loved every one of them for their differences and unique opportunities. What I didn't like about direct selling was the market saturation. There was a consultant on nearly every corner in my area and that it made it hard to build a loyal clientele. I wanted something that was uniquely my own. So, when my newborn son was a couple of weeks old, I took an insurance refund check in the amount of $237 and Little Ruby Designs Soap & Candle Company was born.
Since that time, Little Ruby has had ups and downs and I have closed and restarted that business more than a couple of times (every time with that minimal investment) for various reasons including my divorce and my temporary insane commitment to returning to the status quo of the corporate world. When I decided to leave corporate for good in May of 2018, it was to launch a new kind of business to me; a service business helping business owners create online education. What my divorce and the cut-throat corporate world taught me was that I was put on this earth to help people; people like me who are pushing against the expectations of their families and their culture but who are sick and tired of trading hours they want to be spending with their children for dollars from an employer that don't even come close to equaling their worth.
Whether it is a newly single Mom who cries herself to sleep at night wondering where the next gallon of milk is going to come from, or the mother who works nights while her partner works days because the cost of childcare is prohibitive to them being on the same schedule, I have been there. I know that there is a better way because I have seen it, I have lived it, and I have created it for myself and my children.
Do I have it all figured out? Oh hell no, I don't. But I have devoted my life to always learning, constantly striving to improve, and sharing what I know with those who need my help.
When you work with me, you take advantage of:
- My nearly 30 years of experience in sales and entrepreneurship.
- My 7 plus years experience in curriculum design and adult online learning.
- My master's degree in education with an emphasis in adult education.
- My "half an MBA" I earned before the college I taught for closed up for good.
- My liberal arts education heavy in the social sciences.
- My age and maturity. I like to tell my clients I am a hundred million years old--that might be an exaggeration. I have seen it all, I have done a lot of it, and I have turned a whole lot of crappy into happy in my lifetime.
- My time in the trenches. I have been a mom who worked from home building a business when my children were babies. And now I am doing it with teenagers (it isn't that much different really) and I am here to tell you, that not only can it be done, but it could be the most fun you've ever had. It would make me so happy to stand beside you while you knock it out of the park.
Whether you need help with a course you are creating for your business, or you are currently in that "crying over the milk" season of life and want to figure out what skills you have that might be worth extra money for your family, I would love to work with you and help you see what you are capable of.